Verrill Dana and its individual attorneys have been recognized by clients, peers and impartial surveys for the quality of our practice, and for our many contributions to the legal profession and to our communities.
Our rankings in the following directories and guides and the professional standing of our lawyers are a testament to the outstanding quality we bring to every legal engagement:
- 100% of our attorneys rated by Martindale-Hubbell have received ratings of AV or BV.
- 39 lawyers from 10 practice areas are listed as leading individuals in their field in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
- 64 Verrill Dana lawyers from 52 practice areas are listed in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©.
- 10 Verrill Dana lawyers were named as 2016 Lawyers of the Year by Best Lawyers®.
- 28 practice areas in two offices received Tier 1 rankings in the 2015 edition of Best Law Firms©, published by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®.
- 47 lawyers in 3 offices were selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers & Rising Stars© for 2014.
- Recognized by the Maine State Bar Association for contributing the most hours to Volunteer Lawyers Project cases by a firm in 2009 and 2010.
- Recognized by the Maine State Bar Association in 2010 for being the law firm with the highest number of contributors to the Campaign for Justice, which provides access to legal services for low income and elderly Maine residents.
- Verrill Dana ranks 14th in the U.S. for its concentration of female partners according to a 2014 Law360 survey. Verrill Dana is the only Maine firm that was ranked among the top 75% on this list.
- Recognized as the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project’s Pro Bono Firm of the Year for 2009.
- Verrill Dana is the only law firm in Maine that is a member of World Services Group, the world's largest multidisciplinary professional network.