Robert C. Brooks provides advice and representation to management on all aspects of the employment relationship. He works with clients engaged in health care, manufacturing, transportation, utilities and other industries throughout the country. Rob has successfully handled matters related to union organizing campaigns, collective bargaining, unfair labor practice charges, strikes and arbitration. Rob also routinely handles claims for wrongful discharge, discrimination, unpaid wages, breach of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements and other disputes before judges, juries and administrative agencies, and has successfully represented clients at all levels of the state and federal court systems. Rob also regularly provides advice and assistance to clients on proper termination procedures, Family Medical Leave Act issues, labor relations, disability issues, stock option and employee benefit disputes, and other matters.
- Provided management counseling and litigation representation to a wide range of employers, including Fortune 500 companies.
- Successfully represented employers before state administrative boards, EEOC and courts on issues involving sex discrimination, race, disability and age-related cases.
- Successfully represented employers before the National Labor Relations Board on issues related to unfair labor practices, collective bargaining issues and organizing campaigns.
- Successfully argued cases before the Maine Supreme Court and the United States First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Frequent lecturer on issues of labor and employment law.